What is the Dallas Horseshoe Project?
The project started in April 2013 and is scheduled to be complete as early as 2017. Once completed, drivers should experience improved safety, increased capacity and improved mobility through the downtown Dallas Mixmaster and the central business district.
Click Here For More Information
Horseshoe Storefront Project Information Center
If you would like to see additional information and details about the Horseshoe Project, please visit the Horseshoe Storefront Project Information Center.
Horseshoe Storefront Project Information Center
PLC Project Office
160 Continental Ave.
Dallas, TX 75207
The Storefront is open to the public and has maps and construction timelines, including information on traffic and lane closures.
Please call PLC’s job line at 972-421-2444. You can also apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com, or in person at 160 Continental Ave, Dallas, TX 75207 (Monday through Friday from 8-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m.)
- The Fleming Place underpass under I-35E is now open; drivers can access northbound I-35E using this route.
- The eastbound I-30 collector distributor lanes between Hotel and Griffin streets will be reduced to two lanes starting Monday, April 14 at 9 p.m. for three weeks.
- The left lane of eastbound I-30 mainlanes between Jefferson Boulevard and Hotel Street will be closed Monday, April 14 and Tuesday, April 15 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night.
- The right lane of northbound and southbound Riverfront Boulevard (outside lanes in each direction) between Rock Island and Houston Street will be closed Monday, April 14 through Friday, April 18 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
- The right lane of westbound I-30 mainlanes between Akard and Griffin streets will be closed Monday, April 14 through Thursday, April 17 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The left lane of eastbound I-30 mainlanes between Jefferson Boulevard and Hotel Street will be closed Wednesday, April 16 and Thursday, April 17 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. each day and on Friday, April 18 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The right lane of eastbound I-30 mainlanes between Lamar and Griffin streets will be closed Wednesday, April 16 and Thursday, April 17 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The eastbound I-30 frontage road between Sylvan to Beckley avenues will be closed Thursday, April 17 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. and on Friday, April 18 from 9 p.m. to 10 a.m. Traffic will be detoured west on Fort Worth Avenue to enter eastbound I-30, and east on Fort Worth Avenue to Beckley Avenue. View map.
- The right lane of eastbound Reunion Boulevard between Riverfront Boulevard and the northbound I-35E frontage road will be closed through April 25 at 5 p.m.
- The left lane of northbound Riverfront Boulevard at I-35E will be closed through May 2 at 5 p.m.
- The Lamar Street on-ramp to access westbound I-30 and I-35E is closed. View flier.
- The northbound I-35E frontage road between Hotel and Houston streets is closed. View map.
- The left lane of southbound Riverfront Boulevard at I-35E is closed.
- The westbound I-30 frontage road between Beckley Avenue and Avery Street is reduced to one lane. View map.
- The westbound I-30 frontage road between Avery Street and Sylvan Avenue is reduced to two lanes View map.
- Avery Street between westbound I-30 frontage road and Hardwick Street is closed. Traffic will be detoured west on Comstock Street to Hardwick Street and then south to access the westbound I-30 frontage road. View map.
- The westbound to eastbound I-30 underpass U-turn at Sylvan Avenue is closed. View map.
- The westbound I-30 left lane exit to Riverfront Boulevard is permanently closed. View map.
- The northbound I-35E to eastbound I-30 collector distributor lanes reduced to two lanes until summer 2017.
- The southbound I-35E entrance ramp from Colorado Boulevard is closed. Traffic will be detoured south on Jefferson Boulevard to turn right onto Eighth Street to enter southbound I-35E from the Eighth Street on-ramp. View map.
- The northbound I-35E exit ramp to Colorado Boulevard is partially closed. Traffic will still be able to exit from this ramp and access Colorado Boulevard. View map.
- The northbound I-35E entrance ramp from Colorado Boulevard is partially closed beginning Wednesday, March 19. Traffic will be able to enter northbound I-35E from Colorado Boulevard using the Eads Avenue entrance. View map.
- The Eighth Street on-ramp permanently relocated to the north and The Fleming Place underpass under I-35E closed temporarily. View Flier in English or View Flier in Spanish
- The right lane of eastbound Colorado Boulevard between Jefferson and I-35E is closed for construction activities until further notice.
- The westbound frontage road of I-30 between Harwood Street and Jefferson Boulevard will be reduced to one lane for lane reconstruction.
- The I-35E northbound HOV lane is closed until 2017.
- The I-35E southbound HOV lane from downtown Dallas to West Louisiana Avenue is closed until 2017.
- The new temporary ramp for I-35E southbound HOV lane opened September 2013 at West Louisiana Avenue.
Dallas Horseshoe Project:
Interactive Construction/Traffic Map
View Horseshoe Project in a larger map
Click icons in map for more information.
Early Construction Areas
- I-30 along the frontage road traveling eastbound between Sylvan Ave. and Beckley Ave.
- Bridges crossing the Trinity River along I-30 with no impact to current traffic on the existing bridges
- Eastbound I-30 and northbound I-35E exit ramp and frontage road to Commerce street going into downtown Dallas
- Westbound I-30 collector-distributor road between Harwood Street and Lamar Street with no disruption to mainlines
- Mainline and frontage road bridge outside of existing bridges traveling both northbound and southbound on I-35E between Colorado Blvd. and Riverfront Blvd.
- Northbound I-35E frontage road between Eighth Street and Colorado Blvd.