What is the Dallas Horseshoe Project?
The project started in April 2013 and is scheduled to be complete as early as 2017. Once completed, drivers should experience improved safety, increased capacity and improved mobility through the downtown Dallas Mixmaster and the central business district.
Click Here For More Information
Horseshoe Storefront Project Information Center
If you would like to see additional information and details about the Horseshoe Project, please visit the Horseshoe Storefront Project Information Center.
Horseshoe Storefront Project Information Center
PLC Project Office
160 Continental Ave.
Dallas, TX 75207
The Storefront is open to the public and has maps and construction timelines, including information on traffic and lane closures.
Please call PLC’s job line at 972-421-2444. You can also apply by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at 160 Continental Ave, Dallas, TX 75207 (Monday through Friday from 8-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m.)
- The Fleming Place underpass under I-35E is now open; drivers can access northbound I-35E using this route.
- The left lane of northbound Beckley Avenue under I-30 will be closed daily starting Monday, April 21 through Friday, April 25 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The outside lane of northbound and inside lane southbound Riverfront Boulevard between Rock Island and Houston Street will be closed through Friday, April 25 to 4 p.m.
- The Colorado Boulevard on-ramp and off-ramp at northbound I-35E and the eastbound and westbound lanes of Colorado Boulevard under I-35E will be closed on Monday, April 21 at 9 p.m. This closure will remain in place until approximately fall of this year. View flier.
- The two right lanes of northbound I-35E mainlanes between Marsalis Avenue and Colorado Boulevard will be closed tonight, Monday, April 21 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The right lane of westbound I-30 mainlanes between Akard and Lamar streets will be closed nightly staring Monday, April 21 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.; Tuesday, April 22 through Thursday, April 24 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.; and Friday, April 25 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Various lanes along eastbound I-30 mainlanes between Lamar and Griffin streets will be closed nightly staring Monday, April 21 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.; Tuesday, April 22 through Thursday, April 24 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.; and Friday, April 25 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The northbound Riverfront Boulevard at I-35E will be closed Wednesday, April 23 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Northbound traffic will be detoured east on Cadiz Street, north on Hotel Street to Reunion Boulevard, and west back to Riverfront Boulevard. View map.
- The northbound I-35E exit to Riverfront Boulevard will be closed Thursday, April 24 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured north on I-35E to the Reunion Boulevard exit and then south to Riverfront Boulevard. View map.
- The eastbound I-30 collector distributor lanes between Hotel and Griffin streets is reduced to two lanes until mid-May.
- The right lane of eastbound Reunion Boulevard between Riverfront Boulevard and the northbound I-35E frontage road will be closed through April 25 at 5 p.m.
- The left lane of northbound Riverfront Boulevard at I-35E will be closed through May 2 at 5 p.m.
- The Lamar Street on-ramp to access westbound I-30 and I-35E is closed. View flier.
- The northbound I-35E frontage road between Hotel and Houston streets is closed. View map.
- The left lane of southbound Riverfront Boulevard at I-35E is closed.
- The westbound I-30 frontage road between Beckley Avenue and Avery Street is reduced to one lane. View map.
- The westbound I-30 frontage road between Avery Street and Sylvan Avenue is reduced to two lanes View map.
- Avery Street between westbound I-30 frontage road and Hardwick Street is closed. Traffic will be detoured west on Comstock Street to Hardwick Street and then south to access the westbound I-30 frontage road. View map.
- The westbound to eastbound I-30 underpass U-turn at Sylvan Avenue is closed. View map.
- The westbound I-30 left lane exit to Riverfront Boulevard is permanently closed. View map.
- The northbound I-35E to eastbound I-30 collector distributor lanes reduced to two lanes until summer 2017.
- The southbound I-35E entrance ramp from Colorado Boulevard is closed. Traffic will be detoured south on Jefferson Boulevard to turn right onto Eighth Street to enter southbound I-35E from the Eighth Street on-ramp. View map.
- The right lane of eastbound Colorado Boulevard between Jefferson and I-35E is closed for construction activities until further notice.
- The westbound frontage road of I-30 between Harwood Street and Jefferson Boulevard will be reduced to one lane for lane reconstruction.
- The I-35E northbound HOV lane is closed until 2017.
- The I-35E southbound HOV lane from downtown Dallas to West Louisiana Avenue is closed until 2017.
- The new temporary ramp for I-35E southbound HOV lane opened September 2013 at West Louisiana Avenue.
Dallas Horseshoe Project:
Interactive Construction/Traffic Map
View Horseshoe Project in a larger map
Click icons in map for more information.
Early Construction Areas
- I-30 along the frontage road traveling eastbound between Sylvan Ave. and Beckley Ave.
- Bridges crossing the Trinity River along I-30 with no impact to current traffic on the existing bridges
- Eastbound I-30 and northbound I-35E exit ramp and frontage road to Commerce street going into downtown Dallas
- Westbound I-30 collector-distributor road between Harwood Street and Lamar Street with no disruption to mainlines
- Mainline and frontage road bridge outside of existing bridges traveling both northbound and southbound on I-35E between Colorado Blvd. and Riverfront Blvd.
- Northbound I-35E frontage road between Eighth Street and Colorado Blvd.