What is the Dallas Horseshoe Project?
The project started in April 2013 and is scheduled to be complete as early as 2017. Once completed, drivers should experience improved safety, increased capacity and improved mobility through the downtown Dallas Mixmaster and the central business district.
Click Here For More Information
Horseshoe Storefront Project Information Center
If you would like to see additional information and details about the Horseshoe Project, please visit the Horseshoe Storefront Project Information Center.
Horseshoe Storefront Project Information Center
PLC Project Office
160 Continental Ave.
Dallas, TX 75207
The Storefront is open to the public and has maps and construction timelines, including information on traffic and lane closures.
Please call PLC’s job line at 972-421-2444. You can also apply by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at 160 Continental Ave, Dallas, TX 75207 (Monday through Friday from 8-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m.)
Lane Closures and Traffic Information
- Both northbound and southbound Riverfront Boulevard at I-35E will be reduced to one lane in each direction Friday, Nov. 28 and Saturday, Nov. 29 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Both northbound and southbound Riverfront Boulevard at I-30 will be reduced to one lane in each direction nightly Monday, Dec. 1 through Friday, Dec. 12 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. (excluding Sundays).
- Both northbound and southbound Beckley Avenue at I-30 will be closed Tuesday, Dec. 2 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. View map
- Both northbound and southbound Beckley Avenue at I-30 and the eastbound frontage road will be closed Wednesday, Dec. 3 and Thursday, Dec. 4 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. The eastbound I-30 Sylvan on-ramp will remain open. View map
- The two right lanes of northbound I-35E at Beckley and Marsalis avenues will be closed Dec. 2 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. (at 12 a.m., the lanes will be closed for 15-minute increments).
- The right two lanes for eastbound I-30 from Hampton Road and Edgefield Avenue will be closed Wednesday, Dec. 3 and Thursday, Dec 4 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (at 12 a.m., the lanes will be closed for 15-minute increments).
- The two right lanes of southbound I-35E between Hi Line Drive and Continental Avenue will be closed Friday, Dec. 5 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. (at 12 a.m., the lanes will be closed for 15-minute increments).
- The left lane of northbound I-35E between Continental Avenue and Hi Line Drive will be closed Friday, Dec. 5 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The southbound I-35E Reunion Boulevard on-ramp will be closed through January 2015. Traffic will be detoured south on Riverfront Boulevard to enter southbound I-35E from the ramp in front of Fuel City. View flier.
- The westbound I-30 Sylvan Avenue off-ramp is closed through the end of the year. Traffic will be detoured to exit using the 43B “Frontage Road” toward the U.S. Post Office. View map.
- A temporary traffic shift has changed access to downtown and Lamar Street from northbound I-35E to eastbound I-30 direct connector. Please note this access is changing only for traffic coming northbound I-35E to eastbound I-30 direct through early September. There is no change to the access for traffic from southbound I-35E or I-30. View flier.
- The right exit to Reunion Boulevard from northbound I-35E is closed and traffic is directed to use the existing left exit until further notice. View flier.
- The westbound I-30 frontage road to access southbound I-35E is closed for drivers using the Akard Street on-ramp . Traffic will be detoured to use the Hardwood Street on-ramp to access southbound I-35E. View flier.
- The northbound I-35E frontage road between the Reunion Boulevard exit ramp and Reunion Boulevard reduced to one lane until further notice.
- The westbound I-30 frontage road between Beckley Avenue and Avery Street is reduced to one lane. View map.
- The westbound I-30 frontage road between Avery Street and Sylvan Avenue is reduced to two lanes View map.
Dallas Horseshoe Project:
Interactive Construction/Traffic Map
View Horseshoe Project in a larger map
Click icons in map for more information.
Early Construction Areas
- I-30 along the frontage road traveling eastbound between Sylvan Ave. and Beckley Ave.
- Bridges crossing the Trinity River along I-30 with no impact to current traffic on the existing bridges
- Eastbound I-30 and northbound I-35E exit ramp and frontage road to Commerce street going into downtown Dallas
- Westbound I-30 collector-distributor road between Harwood Street and Lamar Street with no disruption to mainlines
- Mainline and frontage road bridge outside of existing bridges traveling both northbound and southbound on I-35E between Colorado Blvd. and Riverfront Blvd.
- Northbound I-35E frontage road between Eighth Street and Colorado Blvd.