Upcoming Lane Closures & Traffic Changes:
- Various lanes of both eastbound and westbound I-30 in the downtown Dallas Mixmaster will be closed nightly throughout the month of November.
- Various lanes of both northbound and southbound I-35E in the downtown Dallas Mixmaster will be closed nightly throughout the month of November.
- The eastbound Griffin Street ramp to northbound U.S. 75 and southbound I-45 will be closed nightly starting Monday, Nov. 6 through Friday, Nov. 10 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Traffic from Griffin Street will remain left to merge onto eastbound I-30, and will use 2nd Ave. near Fair Park to U-turn onto westbound I-30. Drivers may access both northbound U.S. 75 and southbound I-45 from westbound I-30. View Map
- The I-35E High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane from Downtown Dallas (Reunion Boulevard) to Kiest Boulevard is now open. The 6.3-mile HOV lane features one barrier-separated, reversible lane. Only two-axle vehicles with at least two people or motorcycles are allowed to use this lane. For more details regarding the HOV lane, its schedule and access points, Click Here
REMINDER: New NB I-35E Exit to Woodall Rodgers Fwy Now Open
The new northbound I-35E Exit to Woodall Rodgers Fwy. is now open in downtown Dallas. The ramp’s new location is now further south in the Mixmaster, just past the Houston Street Viaduct. This ramp presents new access points for the following traffic directions: northbound I-35E, eastbound I-30, Reunion Boulevard and Commerce Street.
- From Northbound I-35E
To access the new exit to eastbound Woodall Rodgers Freeway, traffic coming from northbound I-35E will now need to use Exit 428 toward I-45/U.S. 75., which is located just after the Houston Street Viaduct. This exit will also continue to be used as access to Reunion Boulevard and Commerce Street. The old exit, 429A, located north of the Mixmaster will be closed. (View Map)
- From Eastbound I-30
Traffic coming from eastbound will now use Exit 45A toward I-45/U.S. 75 and Commerce Street to access Woodall Rodgers. This will eliminate the step of having to merge onto the northbound I-35E main lanes to reach the old exit. (View Map)
- From Reunion Boulevard and Eastbound Commerce Street
Traffic coming from Reunion Boulevard and eastbound Commerce Street will head north on Riverfront Boulevard to use the entrance ramp to Woodall Rodgers Freeway. (View Map)
For a detailed overview about these upcoming changes, please watch our traffic video below. Or visit the following link: https://youtu.be/WfV2aTQCmkw
To view the Dallas Horseshoe Project’s archives of videos about lane changes, visit www.youtube.com/dallashorseshoe.